Saturday, September 17, 2011

New Job :)

As some of you might already know, I got a job!! It all happened so quickly - Wednesday late afternoon I got a call, Thursday I was interviewing, Friday I was training, and this week I worked a full week!

I am working at a Preschool in Olathe with a class of 4 and 5 year olds (pre-K). 20 kids. It is not something I thought I would ever be doing, and who knew that teaching piano lessons qualifies as experience?

It is both fun and frustrating. My class has mostly boys, and we all know what that means. I am constantly telling them to keep their hands to themselves, and they are constantly doing just the opposite of that. I have had to deal with blood at least once per day thus far. Kinda crazy. On the other hand, the kids are great. I love seeing them connect things that they are learning.

I come home tired every day, but it's very worth it. And it's a job, which I had been searching for for over a month.

Besides work, some of my last two weeks activities consisted of: making freezer strawberry jam, baking my first loaf of homemade bread, hosting our first get-together for our (fairly) new kansas city friends (mostly med students and their wives), and going to a US women's soccer game at the LiveStrong stadium here in KC with some Tabor friends.





1 comment:

  1. Hi Stephanie! Not sure if it'll help you out, but one of the best pieces of parenting advice I ever received was "If you don't want the answer to be NO, then don't ask it in the form of a question." Have fun with the preschoolers...it's a fun, but very challenging age.
    And speaking of bread...I've got a yummy, easy, non-yeast, bread recipe that you'd probably like. Hmmm...not sure if it could be converted to 'muffin tin' cuteness, but I'll let you figure that out!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, KS
Newly married, newly moved, newly blogging...we'll see how this goes!