Saturday, October 8, 2011

My life is filled with cupcakes

So after the amazing twin gave me some neon food coloring, I couldn't wait to try it out. So I whipped up a batch of half chocolate (for me, of course) and half funfetti (for the husband) cupcakes to decorate. Eric had agreed to help, but he only decorated one and left to watch football. (That's what I get for trying this project on a weekend.)



Soon thereafter, Eric informed me that he had signed "us" up to make cupcakes for a bake sale for a KU kids program. So, with the previous cupcakes not even cold in their graves (or....should I say not yet digested) we set out to make even more cupcakes. This time, the wonderful husband helped out a lot. He helped bake AND decorate half of them. What a guy. And they turned out so well! I was almost late to work the morning we dropped them off because the ladies who were running it could not stop talking about how cute they looked. Mission: accomplished.




PS. These cool-looking flower cupcakes are super easy. You cut mini marshmallows in half diagonally and put them in colored sugar (easily made the night before by putting a drop or two of food coloring in a small plastic bag or container of sugar and mixing it up. Then let it sit out overnight to dry.) The sugar only sticks to the sticky cut ends of the marshmallows, and viola! - you place the marshmallow petals on a freshly-frosted cupcake. We mixed it up a bit by making big and small flowers and using sprinkles to decorate. This is a really impressive yet easy project to whip out to show you know your way around the kitchen. Trust me. And who doesn't like cupcakes!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, KS
Newly married, newly moved, newly blogging...we'll see how this goes!