Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tabor College Homecoming!



Alumni.

I've always connected that word to older people. Gray-haired grandparents coming back to visit their alma mater.

Well, this weekend was my first homecoming as part of the alumni crowd and no longer a student. The big 1. First year back.

It was a little strange to start off with, because it really hasn't been a year since graduation. It hasn't even been a half year. It has been a whole 4 months and 3 weeks since I walked across that stage, and so I just didn't feel very far removed. Especially because I still have friends there. And I've been back for weekend visits.

That being said - I had a blast! It was great to catch up with Tabor friends, from my class and others. And for some reason, Hillsboro still feels like home more than Fresno or Kansas City at this point in my life.

Here are some pictures of the football game and the young alumni reunion!








Saturday evening we went to see the musical Oliver. It was really good. I'll be honest and say it's not my favorite musical in the world (too depressing) but everyone did a really good job. The costuming and make-up was excellent, and a HUGE shout-out to the pit for doing a great job with the music. 

Maybe I'll retire in Hillsboro...

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Kansas City, KS
Newly married, newly moved, newly blogging...we'll see how this goes!